Friday, August 28, 2009

Shit, that HURTS!

Many years ago I had a small, barely noticeable mole on the side of my neck. When I was pregnant with Magnus it started to darken. About a year ago it started to grow in size. Now eighteen months later, I have a big chocolate chip hanging off my neck.

I went to the dermatologist today to get it examined. He came into the room and I said, "I have this mole here-"

"That's not a mole - that's a SKIN TAG!" he boomed.

I had being corrected, even by a medical expert. "Well, it STARTED as a mole and what I was telling you is that I was pregnant and it was small and then - "

"You want it removed?" he asked and then started scribbling in my chart.

He walked outside and came back with a small tank. "This is liquid nitrogen. I'll spray some, the tag will start to degrade and it will take about a week to fall off."

"Great," I said.

"And it really hurts," he added as he depressed the button and a sensation like burning ice coarsed through me. The jackass, giving me no time to prepare! I gulped as he continued firing away for what seemed like six months.

P.S. It looks WORSE now!!

2 comments:

  1. I've experienced liquid nitrogen, on a wart on my index finger. Is that worse than labor? It really is a pain like no other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I had a cluster of tags appear when I got preggers with Alannah. If you catch them early enough, you can cut them off with scissors.

    ReplyDelete