Friday, August 21, 2009

Leave Your Guns at Home, A- Holes


I am alternately amused and angered by the recent spat of protestors who are turning up to President Obama's healthcare reform events carrying guns. I am uncertain of what their message is. Do you expect a horde of buffalo to come charging through the audience? Are you hoping to squeeze in some target practice before the President takes the stage? Or are you trying to intimidate the other side by carrying weapons in full view? If Obama were discussing gun control I could better understand your point. At one of the events last week, a conservative guy asked the President a question and felt the need to add that he was a "proud member of the National Rife Association." What the hell does that have to do with insurance premiums?

Also, are we at such a stage in the national debate that armed resistance is required?

Some news media have reported that many protestors feel they are exercising their 1st and 2nd amendment rights. Okay. But I don't get the relationship between guns (2nd amendment) and health care reform (I guess 1st amendment right to speech?)

Then again, I'm not a gun-loving moron.

No comments:

Post a Comment