Monday, August 17, 2009

Future Career: Shampoo Marketing?


In my seemingly endless quest to find a shampoo I can come to love, I am trying a new brand, Vital Care. The packaging piqued my attention while I was at the drugstore: sedate green bottle, a DNA strand for artwork. I was also struck by the copy: sulfate free, bio technology, extract enriched. How could I not purchase a shampoo with this much science behind it?

Today in the shower I read the rest of the bottle and the last sentence caught my eye: minimizes nanoparticles. I don't believe that is technically correct. What perhaps they really want to say is that minimizing nanoparticles might reduce your cancer risk. But that might be a big downer if you are trying to hawk shampoo to the masses.

At the end of the day the shampoo was okay - nothing miraculous. But I've been thinking about how much fun I could have trying to write copy for it. I realize once again I am in the wrong line of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment