Monday, September 21, 2009

I Hate Your Kid

As mentioned in a previous post, we enrolled Mags in a play and learn class at Gymboree. I agonized and complained as I normally do but am happy to report that it was a wise decision and I am finding the class and parents somewhat bearable. It's the little shit head kids that get me.

One in particular makes my blood boil. He is bigger than most of the toddlers (or he's older and enrolled in the wrong level) and looks like a dumb ass. I never took any notice of him until he stormed over to Magnus two weeks ago and yanked a ball out of his hand. His mom said, "Now Joaquin, give it back." He threw the ball on the floor, grunted and then ran off. I didn't think anything of it. Then the week after, Magnus was sitting on a rocking horse when Fat Ass came over, stuck out his hand and pushed Magnus out of the way. "Hey!" I protested. The mother came over and said, "Joaquin, you are being such a pain! Why are you such a pain today?" She didn't make him apologize or try to correct his behavior. I wasn't sure in this situation if it's okay to throw down with another parent in a play class, so I let it go.

This past Sunday, Fat Fuck was standing on a bridge in the class jumping straight up and down and shrieking like Chewbaca. I think I was glowering at him because J tapped my arm and said, "Why are you giving him the evil eye?" I whispered, "I HATE that stupid kid" (very softly of course). He said, "Honey, that's not nice," and I whipped back around and said, "He took Magnus's ball, he shoved him, he's stupid, ugly, annoying and I HATE HIM!"

This isn't one of those situations where you evolve your thinking after having some time to reflect. I've had a day to think it over and I still can't stand little Joaquin. Magnus is going to have an interesting journey with me as his mama, is all I can say.

2 comments:

  1. LOL I am speechless but I understand. I have had Joaquin in my class many times in my teaching career.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It takes a village, right? So now that you know the kid's name use it wisely. If his mother objects, tell her to either parent her kid or suck it. You teach people how to treat you so if Joaquin is allowed to continue his poor behavior without proper consequence then everyone loses especially Joaquin. And btw - I hate the name Joaquin because it sounds like an onomatopoeia.

    ReplyDelete