Thursday, September 17, 2009

How smart is Magnus?

Writer's note: I am completely, shamelessly biased when it comes to my 19 month old. If you haven't already met him, you would soon realize he is the most amazing, gifted child on the planet....!

So last night we were reading a book and he pointed to the cover and said "Shu-shee." The actual name of said book is sushi. I was floored. All by himself he did that! I thought it would be fun to count how many words he actually knows, not including the ones that are kind of blended, like "ba-loo-loon" for balloon.

Forty three. That's right. Forty three fully formed words come out of that boy's mouth at any given time. I have no idea if that means he's advanced or developmentally average, but I know I was impressed. I gave him a kiss and said "forty three!" and he replied "foh shee."

See? Genius!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment