Monday, May 11, 2009

The Perfect Mother's Day

How sweet and thoughtful is J? Sunday, he packs up Magnus and I and whisks us off to the Long Beach Aquarium for some fish/moon jelly/shark/etc watching. Aquariums are some of my favorite places to visit so I was psyched. It was overcast but perfect weather for this kind of trip. Magnus insisted on walking near the exhibits so we plopped him down and he toddled for about three feet before being run over by a chunky Latina toddler (whose nickname, ironically, was Tiny. "Tiny!" her mother called out before it was too late. "Tiny, watch out for the BABY!")

We were soon ravished looking at all the brightly colored fish and drove to our favorite sushi spot in Playa which was unusually crammed. There was a couple next to us who were arguing but very diplomatically. The woman, with long Rapunzel-like hair, would lean in to her b-friend and hiss, "I don't LIKE when you talk to me like that." He would take sip of beer and then say softly, "I think, like, you are too sensitive about this. I am totally not giving you tone at all."

Magnus definitely likes girls. He turned around in his high chair to mac with the Asian waitress. She batted her eyelashes back at him and he cracked a huge grin, proudly displaying his seven teeth.

We came home and J tidied up the whole house, did the laundry and let me nap. I cooked a nice little dinner, Thai lettuce cups, we had a glass of champagne. The sun shone through the living room doors as we ate and laughed and all I kept thinking was perfect, perfect, perfect, perfect.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, what a great day. I feel bad for Tiny, though. Are they just setting her up to fail with that nickname?

    ReplyDelete