Saturday, December 26, 2009

Juliette Lewis, stop singing

Remember the actress Juliette Lewis? Pretty good actor with memorable roles in "Cape Fear" and "Kalifornia."

So why did she give it up to front a rock band called, of all things, Juliette Lewis? I was doing laundry and J had the TV on. All of a sudden I heard what can only be described as a cat having all of its claws pulled out. The sound of flat, shrieking vocals permeated the air, backed by a trio of individuals all wailing off key. "What the hell?!" I said to J and he rolled his eyes and said, "It's Juliette Lewis and her band."

I made him turn the sound down so I could observe the show. I was amazed to see that a group of people had actually gathered to hear this cacophony of shit. (Or maybe they are all interns at her record label who were forced to show up?) Juliette pranced about on stage looking pissed off, pumping her fist and howling. Maybe the lyrics are actually good and inspired. Maybe her musicians are really accomplished. Whatever. Juliette Lewis should move to the spoken word format and stop freaking singing.

And I mean now!

1 comment:

  1. LMAO. Thats like when your girl Jada Pinkett Smith had her band. I think she had guys from Fishbone in her group

    ReplyDelete