Tuesday, December 29, 2009

DUDE!

Facebook is a great invention but occasionally you are faced with a TMI moment. My first one was last year when someone posted that they were "finally" going in for breast reduction surgery. I don't see this person that often so I'm not sure I would have noticed the change.

Today, someone that I'm not really not super friendly with (so why are they in my FB network?!) posted an image of her recent fibroid surgery. She had about 10 fibroids removed. The photo proudly displays the tumor masses lined up in a neat little row. One of them was the size of a small tangerine, and all of them were covered in blood and tissue. WTF? Who the hell needs to see this? For a second I thought it was a joke until I saw all the posted responses, and more than one person was totally repulsed.

Is surgery photography the new social media trend? I just had an HSG exam, in which dye is injected into your hoo ha to see if your fallopian tubes are open. How cool would that shot be?!

2 comments: