Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Fall is here!

For many years, I loved the arrival of spring. The time change, the fragrant flowers and the sunny skies just lifted my spirit. Having worked for several years in Duarte, possibly one of the hottest cities on the freaking planet, I now welcome the arrival of fall with open arms. I am sick of the heat, the heat, and the heat. And I'm going a little batty getting ready for the new season.

First, the sweaters. Who am I kidding? Do I honestly think there's a day when we will see sub-zero temperatures? No matter, it's fall and when it's fall, you buy big woolly sweaters. I picked up a couple of them over the weekend, only to realize I had some from last season stuffed way in the back of the closet. Well, they are last season. Can't be having that!!

And the socks. I own two pairs of plain jane white tennis socks. I loaded up on thick chenille-style socks, some of them adorned with snowmen and snowballs, the definitive symbols of the cold.

I also unearthed my rain coat and heavy pea coat, both of which have hung in closet limbo for a year and a half, and moved them within easy reach. The weather forecast calls for gray skies, so even though it will be 77 degrees, I can still bundle up.

That leaves mittens. I have one pair from 1992. I could wear them in our underground parking lot, which can drop down to 58 degrees.


Somebody help.

No comments:

Post a Comment