Monday, October 22, 2012

I'm transcending, ya'll

Tonight yours truly starts her first transcendental meditation course. Wheeee, I am transcending! I have been trying to have "me" moments here and there throughout the day but I finally accepted the fact that the only way to decompress and regain my focus was to get the hell out of the house and leave the offspring in the capable hands of the mister. Let him deal with all of them crawling on him at the same time and jamming their fingers in his mouth.

Can I drink before hand? Just a sip of red wine, to chill the nerves? I haven't been out in public for years. Well, maybe a week or so. I think I will have my eyes closed for a good deal of the course and not have to speak to anyone, but what about the before and after, when everyone arrives, mills around and pretends to check their cell phone to avoid speaking to one another? I actually, funny, wouldn't mind conversing with another adult, but part of me worries I will inadvertently slip into mama role, reach across and touch their wrist and delicately inquire, "do you have to go pee pee?"

Wish me luck, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment