Friday, July 27, 2012

Catch 22

I would like to shed two more pounds, although everyone is buzzing in my ear that I am thin enough. I think maybe I have a form of OCD. Do I absolutely have to lose the weight? No, not absolutely. But I like even numbers, so 120 sounds better than 122. Try saying it aloud, you'll see.

If I stopped sipping bubbly three times a week (okay, four), the two pounds would likely just melt off. But mamma likes her bubbly, particularly after a long, arduous day of diapering, bathing, changing, soothing, driving and more diapering. Champagne adds instant festivity to uneventful, poop-filled days.

So here I am, mired in a conundrum of my own doing. Give up the bubbly, or drastically reduce it, and realize the glory of weighing an even 120?

Nah, I didn't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment