Thursday, August 25, 2011

i so proud

Yesterday we had our first playdate at Magnus's preschool. I was actually excited to go, having put aside my issues about meeting other moms and having those awful platonic conversations about sippy cups and bowel movements.

Magnus did REALLY well, detaching himself from J almost immediately and flinging himself onto the small jungle gym. He proudly pointed to his name tag and declared, "I'm Magnus Alt" to anyone who would listen. At one point I turned around and he was sitting in the middle of the seasaw, grinning, surrounded by five little blonde girls.

Yep, I think he's adjusting just fine.

At the end of the playdate his teacher came up to me and said, "Magnus has the most amazing vocabulary! He is so eloquent for three. It's rare." I did the bashful curtsy while seriously fighting the urge to say, "Fuck yea, he's eloquent! Who you think you talkin to?"

We left the school hand-in-hand, me jabbering on and on to J about how brilliant our child was. "She complimented him after only ONE hour. Did she signal out any other kids? I didn't see her do that. Maybe she did, but she talked to us FIRST. He's gifted, I think."

"Of course he is," J said, although I couldn't tell if he was being sincere or agreeable, since I'm five months pregnant and majorly hormonal.

We will return to preschool today and I'm thinking I can sneak in some astronomy lessons on the ride over, just to give Mags the extra edge.

Not that I'm competitive, or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment