Thursday, June 2, 2011

sorry baby

I ran over Jason's foot while backing out of the driveway this morning. It started very innocently. I put the car in reverse, turned up the radio and hit the gas. Admittedly, I should have looked over my shoulder, as I would have seen him standing right next to the car and braked in time. I didn't. He was non too happy and unleashed a chain of expletives while hopping up and down on his good leg. Thankfully, there were no broken bones, just a flattened and sad looking toe. It could have been worse, I was repeating this to him while begging for forgiveness, but he kept swearing and demanding to know why I didn't even look.

Truthfully, I was preoccupied with my thoughts. The deep kind. Like, should I change the radio station? What should we have for dinner tonight? What's with the new strain of ecoli in Europe? You can see how this would cloud a person's thinking and judgement.

J called me later and apologized for cursing and agreed to stay married to me. I took that as a good sign. Bodily injury, while normally bad, can sometimes bring two people closer.





1 comment: