Monday, June 20, 2011

dinner with sybil

"Magnus, it's time to eat dinner."

"I don't want eat dee-nuh."

"Okay, but it's dinner time. Mommy and Daddy are going to eat. You can sit with us or go play in your room."

"I DONT WANT EAT DEE-NUH!!"

"I heard you the first time. So I will repeat: you can sit and have dinner with us or go play in your room."

Child pouts and slowly exits the kitchen, reiterating once more that he has no desire to ingest a meal. Parents pause for a moment and then sit down at the dining room table. They begin to eat and enjoy a pleasant conversation. Two minutes later, the peaceful environment is shattered by a series of ear-splitting shrieks.

Father stands up as the child re-enters the dining area, weeping and looking betrayed.

"I WANT DEE-NUH!!"

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment