Monday, May 24, 2010

Why are you my Facebook friend?

I've been noticing that my Facebook posts, even the most audacious, fail to elicit responses from a handful of people. These same people reached out to me and requested that I be their Facebook friend. A couple of them even went so far as to check out my photos and make comments as part of their friend request.

So they should be kind of interested in me, right?

Ahh, no. They never write one single comment. They don't even use the "like" function. I don't get it. Why are you my friend? I am sure I've made comments about things you can relate to. I am seriously tempted to write a post that says: "I was just diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor. Please pray for me," just to see if they will respond.

I guess the upside is that my real life friends give a crap and find me interesting....so screw you, fake virtual friends!!

1 comment: