Tuesday, March 9, 2010

escaltor goes up, IQ goes down

It never ceases to amaze me how stupid people are about getting on elevators.

At least once a week, I have the privilege of watching an idiot board our office elevator. I am usually heading towards the lobby when it happens. The doors open to reveal an individual standing with their mouth semi-open. The individual looks at us, looks at the top of the elevator bank and says, "Down?" Yes. Down. You can see we are going down by the downward-facing arrow. If we were going up, Einstein, it would be pointing the other way.

I used to think this was a phenomenon specially reserved for this office building, but today at the doctor's office, some dunder head was struggling to figure out how to get to level one from the basement elevator. I actually slowed my walking so I could hear the whole conversation. "The entrance to the medical plaza is one?" she cried to the person next to her. "So I have to go up?" Where the fuck are you going to go? We're in the basement, you moron. GEEZ!

No comments:

Post a Comment