Wednesday, March 3, 2010

bombs are falling

I read a newstory today about a suicide bomber in Iraq. It occured to me that before the U.S. invaded Iraq, you never read much about these kind of attacks. I am sure they occured but likely not at the frequency that they do now.

Today, you hear at least one story a month about a suicide bomber taking out large groups of innocent people. I used to be incensed but sadly, over time, my senses became deadened. Random acts of violence are just a reality. There is no emotional room to respond to them anymore. It's like we've come to accept them in the same way we accept reality TV: you don't really like or respect it but it's there and it's not going away.

I can't decide if the bombing or the lack of public outrage is worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment