Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Thanks for the brilliance

This morning, I was perusing the financial section of the ABC News web site when this headline caught my eye:

"How to Maximize Your Tax Deductions."

Of course I had to read the article, as J and I owed Uncle Sam in 09 and are hoping for a small windfall for this year.

The sage advice?

1. Check your math
2. Get your paperwork in order
3. Avoid mistakes
4. Itemize your deductions
5. Report all your income

I want to know, who is the moron editor that allowed this story to be posted? You think this list is actually helpful? Avoid mistakes, are you freaking kidding me? Where's my list of new deductions, or tips on how to write stuff off?

With advice like this, I may as well file the damn thing myself.

1 comment:

  1. lmao. I love this and I completely feel you. Every couple of months (especially this month) some new article w/ advice on dating pops up and its always something stupid. One of them was what are the signs you're headed for a break up and there were things like, "your partner doesnt call you as much as he/she use to" Really?

    ReplyDelete