Tuesday, May 22, 2012

i don't make the cut

Over the weekend I visited a friend who, upon my arrival, served me a glass of wine in a lightweight, very basic wine glass. I know this girl has some Rogaska and Vera Wang in her trove, so I assumed I'd be upgraded once dinner was served.

Dinner was served, we ate said dinner, yet she continued to pour pinot noir into my sad, lackluster glass. And I'm not talking the Williams-Sonoma everyday-use stemware. I mean the buy 200 glasses for $3, Ikea-brand special. The kind of glass you run the risk of cracking if you clutch the stem too tightly.

Was I not sophisticated or regal enough for my pal's high-end crystal? When did I fall off the nice stemware list? I know I'm a stay at home mom now and nowhere as interesting as my friend, who does PR for major brands and travels and wears Miu Miu around the house. But surely history has to count for something, right? And the fact that we've known each other for years?

Okay, I'll settle for Pottery Barn glasses, but don't push me.

No comments:

Post a Comment