Tuesday, July 19, 2011

staving off the inevitable

Since I developed gestational diabetes while pregnant with Mags, it can only be a matter of time before I am told to cut out sugar, refined grains - and generally anything that's fun to eat - and to start pricking myself with a needle four times a day. Of course I should be cutting out the bad stuff anyway (in addition to counting how many calories I am ingesting daily, which sounds like NO FUN and WORK to me), but since I am now perpetually hungry, congested and emotional, I am going to eat whatever the frick I want until I am told otherwise.

Don't get me wrong, I still abide by the federal law that mandates five servings of fruits or veggies a day. It's just the stuff in between. Like the small plate of Cheetos (okay, three plates) that I inhaled yesterday. Normally I don't eat chips and the like but something about that overly processed cheese sensation was calling me. Or today. Two scoops of pistachio ice cream, right on the heels of a bag of organic carrots. Mmm, that's fusion.

I estimate I have about a month of fairly unrestricted eating before the hammer falls. Why not celebrate that time with pie, tortillas and more pie?

Oh, pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment