Thursday, January 20, 2011

don't like ricky gervais? you can suck it.


I am shaking my noggin over the uproar about Ricky Gervais at this year's Golden Globes. Give me a fake awards show break. To everyone who is complaining: do you REALLY prefer to watch Billy Crystal or Whoopi Goldberg?

Gervais is audacious, brilliant and personally makes me laugh harder than probably any other comedian. Since when did the Hollywood Foreign Press and Scientology become sacred cows that no one can poke fun at? And is Charlie Sheen such a national treasure that we forbid anyone from making a joke about him?

To quote the LA Weekly, which penned a nice story in defense of Gervais: "Ricky Gervais Rules - Hollywood, Take The Stick Out of Your Ass."

1 comment:

  1. I agree. These celebrities are so used to having their asses kissed all day that they can't take a joke. I thought he was hilarious and am upset that I missed him live here a few months ago.

    ReplyDelete