Tuesday, April 27, 2010

the object of my rage: cycling gangs


The upside of living in del Rey is being walking distance to the beach. The down side are the self-righteous jerks who like to put on shiny outfits, wrap-around shades and peddle their bikes with a contigency of 2,000 other self-righteous jerks in the designated car lane near the beach. At least once a week I fantasize about smashing into them as I am forced to slow down and change lanes.

Don't get me wrong. Bicyclists are perfectly entitled to their space on the road. I mean just that: their space. I don't support drivers who deliberately anatagonize them or try to poke them with their side mirrors or even run them over (as a physician did in Northern California, ostensibly to "teach them a lesson"). But you gots no business clogging up my drive. Stay in your lane. You ain't Lance Armstrong, going for your twentieth Tour de France honor. Hopefully you realize that.

Today a smaller group of bikers cut across the street as several of us car folks were traveling 55 miles+/hour. Thanks for ensuring my brakes can slam to a halt, you a-holes. One of the dorks actually laughed out loud as we passed. Think that's funny? Next time you may not be so lucky. Next time you and your Lycra may end up like a pretzel under my tires.

Oh, fantasy is so sweet.



No comments:

Post a Comment